Sunday, June 14, 2009

Soon Tofu



So last night I went to eat soon tofu in Korea Town. My family and I usually go down to the galleria to get a quick good bite to eat and buy some groceries like kimchee and gyoza. The galleria is a great place to eat because it has a supermarket downstairs, shops and gift stores on the middle floor, and restaurants on the top floor. So we went there only to find out they had NO soon tofu! But instead there was a great bibimbap place called Yang Ji Express.(Just so you know bibimbap is a rice bowl with meat and vegetables and spicy sauce mixed into it.) It had other things other than bibimbap but we just ordered two orders of bibimbap with a side order of tofu soup (not as spicy as soon tofu). It was great and very filling, so if you swing by Korea Town check out some of their food.
I know by the title of this post you thought it would be more about soon tofu, so here is a great restaurant in Korea Town that REALLY sells soon tofu. It's called BCD Tofu House.


What I love about it is that it has great soon tofu,kimchee,etc, and they keep the rice in the stone pot to fry and in the end they add water making something a bit like porridge. But you have to taste it to believe it!
If you live on the west side and want soon tofu, but don't want to drive all the way to Korea Town, then I would suggest a few places like Tofu Ya on Sawtelle or Asian Ya which is just off of Barrington and Gateway.


If you guys know any good soon tofu places tell me and I'll try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment