Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mexican Food + Sushi?


So, if you're not as adventurous and would not like to go to El Atacor #11, another great Mexican food place is Taqueria Sanchez. Although, the place is also a hole in the wall, it's a little bit nicer and in a better neighborhood. (I think all of the good mexican food places are hole in the walls) They have a wide variety of salsas there including a guacamole-like sauce. The "pico de gallo" is good, like most "pico de gallo". The fish tacos are very good there, and although the food is pretty greasy, most Mexican food is like that. My sister always orders the sopes, which are her favorite. If you decide your not in the mood for a heavy meal, there is always a very busy sushi place right next door called Sakura. Sakura has pretty good sushi, (I really don't remember because I went there a long time ago). You have to wait a really long time though, because of how busy it is. The only types of sushi places we go to are Hide Sushi, Sushi Gen, Torafuku, Sushi Central, and Sakura. Out of all of them, Sakura is definitely not my favorite, but the types of sushi they have there are very original. Hide Sushi is very good. Sushi Central is not bad, they must have been pretty good to beat Bobby Flay in a throwdown. I don't think their sushi is very special except for the Ono. IT IS AMAZING. NO JOKE. They sear the fish and it melts in your mouth, it's so delicious. Torafuku is good for both sushi and noodles. (other japanese foods also) Sushi Gen is very good. I haven't been there in quite a while because it is in Downtown and it also happens to be a full house everytime we go there. Also, the artwork there is beautiful. I have yet to try the long awaited Sushi Stop. I've heard it is very good. I went around seven and it was packed. It doesn't help that there is NO seating. :( If you've tasted Sushi Stop please post some feedback! (or on any other sushi/mexican places! Thanks!)

I think it's funny that I went from Mexican food to Japanese food. My family and I made sushi last night so I suppose that's why I'm thinking about it so much. Hmm.. I guess that's all I can say in this post... so have fun trying these restaurants!

Here is all the restaurant info:

Taqueria Sanchez:
4541 S Centinela Ave
Los Angeles CA 90066

Sakura:
4545 S Centinela Ave
Los Angeles 90066

(I TOLD YOU THEY ARE LITERALLY RIGHT NEXT TO EACHOTHER!)

Hide Sushi:
They have a website yay!
2040 Sawtelle Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Sushi Gen:
YES! ANOTHER WEBSITE!
422 E Second St
Los Angeles, CA 90012

Torafuku:
Mmmm.. looks good
10914 W. Pico Blvd.,
Los Angeles,CA 90064

(This place is also next to an AMAZING indian place... But I'm straying from the topic..sorry.)

Sushi Central:
3500 Overland Ave. #100
Los Angeles, CA 90034


1 comment: